Baseball Field History,
The Evolution of Our Fields of Dreams
Image content courtesy of; forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?910146-NY-Mets-Miami-Marlins-June-3-5
The Baseball field
History From The Eyes of A Fan
Baseball Field Histoy
Carl here and I am a avid baseball fan who loves, played and have studied the game of baseball for my entire life. The Game of Baseball and Baseball History is more than what many described as America's game. It is, in my opinion, the Greatest game ever invented.
I am a champion to the growth of the game of Baseball and offer Baseball Field History as a lure to the best athletics in the world to come play this game.
My father was born in 1895, at a time when Baseball helped usher in a, painful, end to racial segregation in America. I still remember listening to him talking about wanting to play baseball in the old Negro Leagues.
That is what sent me on a quest for the real stories about the History of Baseball. I am not a historian nor am I a replacement for Wikipedia as they are much better in that space.
What I am is a baseball fan just like you who will give you a look at the history of baseball with a view between the lines and unfiltered.
Starting with the first official baseball game played at Elysian Field in 1856, with its all Wood Stadiums, to today's Ultra Modern retractable roof stadiums the history of the Baseball Field is truly magical.
When talking about the game of baseball the story of the Field itself hardly gets center stage but here we take a much deeper look.
Comiskey Park- Image content credit: http://dailydsports.com/?p=2967
Marlin Stadium-Image content credit;-https://carolwallace.wordpress.com/2011/10/08/chad-harbach-the-art-of-fielding/
Baseball History Should Be Sacred
When I searched the
History of the game of Baseball and the baseball field that I love, I was
Somebody has change
and/or altered the history of my game and that just didn't seem right. We have
been given a clinically edited version of baseball history and I had to
find out why.
That is what sent me on
a quest for the real stories surrounding the game that I love so much. I am not a
historian nor am I a replacement for Wikipedia as they are much better in that
What I am is a baseball
fan, just like you, who will give you a look at the history of baseball with a
view taken from between the lines and unfiltered.
Baseball Field History,The Game-The Field
Image Content Credit; - https://carolwallace.wordpress.com/2011/10/08/chad-harbach-the-art-of-fielding/
It is impossible to
talk about one without the other. Like a shadow, the field that the game is
played on has danced in harmony with the game of baseball itself.
Come celebrate the
growth of the Baseball Field and its uncluttered design, a 90ft square tilted
on its end. It was a simple, uncomplicated, design waiting for an athlete
to give it formal structure.
In the Baseball History sections
read how the game of Baseball has developed and explore some of the myths
surrounding the origins of what we call America's
The Wooden Baseball Parks section gives
an insightful look at the transformation of the Baseball
response to the rapidly growing fan base of baseball.
your favorite baseball field memories with me. I would love to help
spread the word with fans like you.
Starting with the
formation of the the NABBP (National Association of Base Ball Players) as
its governing body, Baseball became a professional sport and the business of
baseball needed more space to showcase this new business.
By the end of 1865,
almost 100 clubs were members of the organization. By 1867, it had over 400
members, including some clubs from as far away as San Francisco and Louisiana.
Together we will take a
journey through some of the most memorable ball fields in American history.
We will look at them through a unique prospective. A perspective designed and
offer with you in mind. If I haven’t said it yet, thank You for coming to
Think You Know The Game?
I'll test your baseball IQ and show how much you Don't know about baseball's Fields of Dreams.
See how baseball history was altered and later rewritten to expose the tinder underbelly of America's Game.
It is impossible to talk about one without the other. Like a shadow, the field that the game is played on has danced in harmony with the game of baseball itself.
The Boys of Summer
Image content credit; http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?910146-NY-Mets-Miami-Marlins-June-3-5
But even the glorious history of Baseball and its Field would not exist without the Boys & Girls of the Summer. The Athletes that play the game gave Baseball Field History its form and we visit some of the Greatest, many of which are in Cooperstown.
- Babe Ruth
- Ty Cobb
- Jackie Robinson
- Lou Grieg
- Moses Fleetwood
- Buck Oneal
- Bob Feller
- Honus Wagner
- Walter Johnson
- Effa Manley
- Rube Foster
- Connie Stone
Fun With Baseball
Image Content Credit; Raymond Dunavant Professional Gambling Service-http://rdmoves.com/?page_id=2
But what would
Baseball Field History be if we couldn't have some fun learning. Here I put an emphasis
on fun to make your visit more enjoyable.
Now let’s go exploring………..
We Love Baseball!
- A+ Sports & More's Baseballfield Field History
- Our Baseball Field Blog gives you latest updates on articles and information about the History of The Baseball Field.
- About Me
- About Me: Aplussportsandmore-fanshop-baseballfield
- Contact Us
- Contact Us
- Jewel-Box-Stadiums,..What the heck are they?
- Jewel-Box-Stadiums were the Cash registers that fueled the growth of Major League Baseball.
- American League Park, The Magic Behind The Name
- American League Park was one of the first baseball stadiums built for Professional Baseball (Now the MLB).
- The Baker Bowl, Philadelphia's First Jewel Box.
- Baker Bowl..A Look at A Philadelphia Jewel Box that Burned, Collapsed and the Games Played On.
- Crosley Field, Where the Lights Came on Major League Baseball.
- Crosley Field was described as an experience that transcended the game. It was home for the Cincinnati Reds for nearly 60 years.
- Fenway Park,……..21 Hall of Famers have called it Home.
- Fenway Park, A Stadium That The Fans Say Is Too Important to Die.
- Shibe Park, A Place For The Fans.
- Shibe Park was the first, baseball specific, stadium designed around the exclusive use of Concrete and Steel.
- WrigleyField, Comes in Second to Wrigley Field?
- The WrigleyField, built in Chicago, 1914, was one of two baseball parks built that carried the same name.
- Anaheim Stadium, Where Los Angeles Angle Baseball History Dates back to 1903.
- Anaheim Stadium was one in a series of Baseball Only stadiums that were a grand experiment by baseball owners to recapture the feel of Old Time Baseball.
- Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City's Ageless Baseball Wonder.
- Kauffman Stadium, The last of the Modern-baseball-parks built in the major league that, like a fine wine, keeps getting finer with age.
- Modern-Baseball-Parks struggled to gain an identity. Am I a Multi-Purpose Stadium or am I a Baseball Stadium ?
- Braves Field, “World Greatest Baseballpark”, Where Bigger Did Not Mean Better.
- Braves Field was to be James Gaffney’s crowning achievement in baseball field design. It was the last of the first wave of (Jewel-Box) Concrete and Steel Stadiums.
- Ebbets Field, The House That Charlie Built.
- Ebbets Field, a stirring tribute to the Man, The Field and The Borough loved them both.
- Comiskey Park, Chicago’s Piercing Declaration That We Are A Major City.
- Comiskey Park was purchased and financed by Charles A. Crowsley in 1909 but the park was originally referred to as White Sox Park.
- Forbes Field-"Dreyfuss's Folly"- Not!
- Forbes Field, built in 1909, was described as "Dreyfuss's Folly". But history didn't agree.
- Tiger Stadium, It took 50 Years to Get It's Name.
- Tiger Stadium was the brainchild of Francis (Frank) Joseph Navin. It was built in 1912 as a replacement for the aging and outdated wooden structure, Bennett Park.
- WrigleyField1 Los Angeles, Hey! I Was #1
- WrigleyField1 was built as a home for the Los Angeles Angels in 1925. Did you know it was the first ball park to officially carry the name, Wrigley Field
- Retractable-Roof-Ballparks, a better way to watch Baseball.
- Retractable-Roof-Ballparks,.. After the transformation of the old wooden baseball stadiums to much more permanent structures, the baseball stadiums took on a life of their own.
- Chase Field In Phoenix, Arizona,Too Hot Not To Put A Retractable Roof On It.
- Chase Field was the First Retractable Roof Baseball Park in the United States but it was not the first in the MLB.
- Minute Maid Park
- Minute Maid Park is described as a bandbox of a ballpark with two distinct personalities depending on whether its retractable roof is open or closed.
- Miami Marlins Stadium,
- Miami Marlins Stadium can best be described as Retractable Roof Ballpark on Steroids.
- Miller Park Milwaukee
- Miller Park Milwaukee is a Retractable Roof baseball park located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It is home to the Milwaukee Brewers and was completed in 2001 as a replacement for Milwaukee County Stadium.
- Rogers Centre, Major League Baseball's First Retractable Roof Baseball Stadium.
- Rogers Centre, Because the stadium was the first of its kind, the architects and engineers kept the design simple by using a sturdy dome shape and used proven technologies to move the roof.
- Safeco Field, unique to the other Retractable Roof Ballparks.
- Safeco Field, did you know that it is the 4th Retractable Roof Stadium built for MLB Baseball?
- Wooden-Baseball-Parks...! Some Of Them Literally Caught Fire.
- Wooden-Baseball-Parks,The First Baseball Stadiums Were Basically Wooden Baseball Parks. The Use of Wood Kept the Cost of Construction Down and Allowed Owners to Profit In Those Early Days.
- Minor League Baseball Stadiums
- Minor League baseball stadiums in Florida are some of the Best in Baseball. If you don't believe me come check us out!
- Current Wooden Baseball Parks, Are there any still being used?
- Where are the Current Wooden baseball parks today? You will be surprised to find that they are still being used, today
- Baseball Betting System, What are they?
- Baseball Betting System, the Fuel that powered the Growth of Baseball?
- Barnstorming, and Baseball, A Match Made In Heaven.
- Barnstorming was born as an early American marketing technique used to spread and disseminate information.
- Famous Black Baseball Players who made it to Cooperstown
- The First 5 famous black baseball players to make it to Cooperstown may just surprise you.
- First Women In Baseball,
- First-woman-in-baseball,Who will she be and does Baseball really care or is she already here?
- History of Baseball Revisited,...The Truth is Always better than Fiction.
- The History of Baseball belongs to all of us and its glorious legacy is sacred. Why then has baseball history been manipulated and distorted to reflect an alternate reality?
- NABBP Brings Segregation to Baseball.
- The NABBP was initially formed as an amateur organization but baseball was rapidly growing into a professional sport.
- Oldest Baseball Stadium?..The Answer May Surprise You.
- Oldest Baseball Stadium?.....It depends on how you ask the question. The Answer may surprise some of you.
- Youth Baseball History - What Were The Kids Doing?
- Youth baseball history, the place where the seeds of baseball were planted. Find out when we started teaching our kids how to play baseball?
- Youth Baseball Drills
- Youth Baseball Drills for the Baseball Moms and Dads who are about to start teaching Youth Baseball Drills for the first time.
- Concussions In Baseball, Is Our Game Safe?
- Concussions in Baseball, is it changing our views on the dangers associated with playing the game? What is driving those fears and how do we manage them?
- Concussion Treatment In Baseball, Is the game Safe for our kids to Play?
- Concussion Treatment! Your greatest fear has just unfolded right in front of your eyes, your child is hit in the head by a thrown baseball.
- Awesome Seating At Aplussports
- Awesome Seating at AplusSports through AwesomeSeating.com has access to over 3.2 million tickets to 60,000 events across the country for the lowest price online.
- Fun With Fantasy, The Best in full season and daily fantasy Baseball.
- Fun With Fantasy, Create or join a MLB league and manage your team with FREE live scoring, stats, scouting reports, news, and expert advice.
- Baseball Head Gear For Every Head
- We've Got Baseball Head Gear For All of You Avid Baseball Fans.
- Steiner Sports
- Steiner Sports, Authentic Baseball Memorabilia Found Here At A+ Sports & More.
© Copyright 2015/2016 aplussportsandmore-fanshop-baseballfield.com (A+ Sports & More, LLC) All Rights Reserved